We are an association of enthusiasts with a shared passion for wooden boats. Within that general definition our members represent a broad range of boats and special interests encompassing -
- Boats ranging from 100 years old to those barely begun.
- Boats powered by sail, steam, diesel, oars or paddles.
- Ultra-light canoes and kayaks thru putt-putts, trailer sailers, thru to large boats on permanent moorings.
- Both new constructions and restorations.
- Construction techniques including Stitch & Glue, Strip Plank, Lap-strake Ply, Traditional Clinker.
Our members variously enjoy designing, building, sailing, messing about in and talking about wooden boats. We welcome all current and potential wooden boat enthusiasts to our association. Our subscription is inexpensive, our activities are varied and interesting, and our culture is open, friendly and inclusive.
The main aims of the WBAQ are:
To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to the history, development and future, and the building, restoration and preservation of wooden boats in Queensland;
To encourage and promote contact with interstate and overseas organizations with similar interests;
Please scroll to bottom of page for membership information
From our archives
At the September meeting, Alan Delac gave us a comprehensive presentation on the construction and fitting out with an electric motor of his Scruffy Shimmy 12 "Sparky". Alan took us through the kit assembly and finishing processes, with photos showing a very fine example of the design. He described the boat has feeling very strong and stable.
Check your boating weather with SeaBreeze