We are an association of enthusiasts with a shared passion for wooden boats. Within that general definition our members represent a broad range of boats and special interests encompassing -
- Boats ranging from 100 years old to those barely begun.
- Boats powered by sail, steam, diesel, oars or paddles.
- Ultra-light canoes and kayaks thru putt-putts, trailer sailers, thru to large boats on permanent moorings.
- Both new constructions and restorations.
- Construction techniques including Stitch & Glue, Strip Plank, Lap-strake Ply, Traditional Clinker.
Our members variously enjoy designing, building, sailing, messing about in and talking about wooden boats. We welcome all current and potential wooden boat enthusiasts to our association. Our subscription is inexpensive, our activities are varied and interesting, and our culture is open, friendly and inclusive.
The main aims of the WBAQ are:
To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to the history, development and future, and the building, restoration and preservation of wooden boats in Queensland;
To encourage and promote contact with interstate and overseas organizations with similar interests;
Please scroll to bottom of page for membership information
From our archives
- Noosa Classic Boat Regatta Messabout
Noosa Classic Boat Regatta Messabout
Once again the messabout we held in conjunction with the Classic Boat Regatta was a great success. The Regatta was very well attended and filled the marina at Tewantin. The boats were on display to the public till 11:00 a.m. There was a varied selection of gleaming varnish and polished fittings, mainly power boats of all shapes and sizes.