We are an association of enthusiasts with a shared passion for wooden boats. Within that general definition our members represent a broad range of boats and special interests encompassing -
- Boats ranging from 100 years old to those barely begun.
- Boats powered by sail, steam, diesel, oars or paddles.
- Ultra-light canoes and kayaks thru putt-putts, trailer sailers, thru to large boats on permanent moorings.
- Both new constructions and restorations.
- Construction techniques including Stitch & Glue, Strip Plank, Lap-strake Ply, Traditional Clinker.
Our members variously enjoy designing, building, sailing, messing about in and talking about wooden boats. We welcome all current and potential wooden boat enthusiasts to our association. Our subscription is inexpensive, our activities are varied and interesting, and our culture is open, friendly and inclusive.
The main aims of the WBAQ are:
To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to the history, development and future, and the building, restoration and preservation of wooden boats in Queensland;
To encourage and promote contact with interstate and overseas organizations with similar interests;
Please scroll to bottom of page for membership information
From our archives
- Caloundra messabout
Caloundra messabout 31st August to 2nd September. By Ron Prescott. Once again Caloundra proved our most popular messabout with 20 boats and too many wives and husbands to mention. This is just a great location, perfect weather with clear blue sky and temperature of 25 degrees plus a good variety of good accommodation from caravan parks and units. The Power Boat Club makes a convenient location for meet and greet on Friday and a meal on the Saturday night. 19 members stayed until Monday and enjoy...